Saturday 1 November 2014

Creature Prison: Prison Exterior

I've started working on how the exterior of the prison may look now.  The prison would look less 'prison-like' and a bit more of a research facility, however I wanted to create a strong industrial feel to the overall look.  I just had this idea of a monstrous, industrial shit hole in the heart of a dense jungle.  The idea being it would look radically different to the exotic, well maintained holiday resort/theme park on the other side of the island and very different from public perceptions.  Two faced, evil corporations and all that.

Since my idea take place on an isolated island, obviously there would be no direct power sources for the prison/facility to run from.  So this also fueled the industrial idea.


This is the thumbnail design that I liked and thought would be a useful basis for this design.

The next job was to track down some research.  And I found pretty good references based around concrete mixing facilities, nuclear plants, dams etc etc.

Combining the thumbnail and my research, I set about doing a couple of black and white paintings to get the basic look.

Happy with the general look of this image, I also created a couple of rough colour studies

Now I need to finish the damn thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment