Thursday 24 April 2014

Pete Amachree Brief: Romans: Research

The final brief we have to create was set by Concept Artist Pete Amachree.  The brief is a fairly simple set up.  "What would the Romans have been like if they electricity had been introduced to their society. Show three stages of advancement from 60AD, 160Ad and 260 AD."

At first, this seems like a fairly simple brief.  But the more I thought about it, the harder it actually became.  If the Romans did have electricity, how the hell would they be able to harness it or store it?  More questions like this arouse the more I thought about it.

Anyway, to try and clear my head, I did some pretty intense research...

Rome:

Additional Environments:

Soldiers:

I can't pin exactly what I want to achieve with this brief.  This is going to harder than I first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment